1. Bardessono, Yountville, CA
This boutique hotel in the Napa Valley is spread over six acres and uses geothermal technology to heat and cool the entire property.
2. Stowe Mountain Lodge, Stowe, VT
This is the first mountain lodge to win Audubon International's Sustainable Community award, and no wonder -- the entire lodge was built from locally quarried stone.
3. Hotel Allegro, Chicago, IL
This Kimpton boutique hotel is committed to green products, organic dining, and offering rewards to hybrid drivers.
4. Hotel Green, Nantucket, MA
This tiny ten-room hotel is the brainchild of shoe designer Vanessa Noel and boasts organic bed linens, free trade Senegalese furniture, and the use of chemical-free cleansers.
5. Zion Lodge, Zion National Park, UT
One hundred percent of this in-park lodge's electricity comes from wind power.
6. El Monte Sagrado, Taos, NM
This mountain aerie uses solar panels to power operations.
7. Element New York Times Square West, New York, NY
Starwood's budget-friendly Element hotels are known for being eco-friendly as well.
8. Hyatt at Olive 8, Seattle, WA
This property from Hyatt was actually the first LEED-certified hotel in übercrunchy Seattle.
9. The Fairmont, Washington, DC
This eco-friendly luxe hotel boats three honeybee hives (home to more than 100,000 Italian honeybees) on its rooftop.
10. Hotel Terra, Jackson Hole, WY
At this Grand Teton lodge, restaurant chairs are made from recycled seatbelts and the bathroom soap dishes are repurposed skyscraper glass.